The Chalmette Terminal is located at MM 89.5 AHP and boasts an Intermodal Facility and Industrial Park.
There is a midstream mooring facility with adjacent barge fleeting buoys.
The Chalmette terminal hosts the Tour Boat Landing Facility for the Chalmette National Cemetery and the site of the Battle of New Orleans during the War of 1812.
The site is comprised of more than 218 acres and dozens of buildings from manufacturing facilities to warehousing.
There is over 1,000,000 square feet of developed land and more than 50 acres primed for future maritime, manufacturing or industrial development.
This Terminal also provides 24/7/365 security and access control.
The Terminal serves as the headquarters for the District and is fully equipped with a state-of-the-art Maritime Security Operations Center (MSOC).
The Administration and Security Complex was constructed in 2010 and includes a 1,500 square feet, small arms resistant and hardened construction command, communications and control center serving the maritime community from Baton Rouge to the Gulf of Mexico.
The Chalmette Terminal and Industrial Park
- Located one mile downriver from the Arabi Terminal (mile 89.5 AHP).
- Encompasses 216 acres of land.
- More than 1.8 million square feet of building space.
- 70 acres of open land available for leasing.
- Fully equipped with electricity, high pressure natural gas, water, and sewerage.
- Intermodal facilities with access via truck, rail, and ship.
- 60 acre intermodal facility open and leased by Boasso America.
- Midstream vessel mooring on Mississippi River adjacent to business park.
- Over 45 businesses employing 600 local residents operate inside of Park.
- Close proximity to Interstate system via I-510